Thursday, August 19, 2004

Thoughts

Saturday was a good game. Roddy's paladin, Revan fought off four four-armed Jaramonians (16 attacks total). Good thing he has a decent AC, since he's only fourth level! Carson, Phil, Shane and Zach were also there (Aug. 14 '04, 12-6 p.m.) for the session. It was pretty fun. The idea of a powerful transmuter allied with the evil elven Purple Order invaders is fuel for a lot of creative ideas for me, as I've always thought Polymorph and variants have a lot of possibilities. The salt zombies in the Black Desert proved interesting, and I think I will tap into Dark Sun a bit for a while.

Wednesday, yesterday, only Phil showed up, so I sent him back home--again. No explanations were given, and in fact Penny said Jon told Debbie he planned on coming. What am I supposed to think or do? I guess I really need more reliable players to keep the Wednesday night game going, or maybe I need to join someone else's group, or be patient, or throw up my hands and give up on the idea of a Wednesday group altogether after about four years of a good campaign. Is this it, and if so I'd like to know. I always thought we were happy with our regular game session. If it's over I guess it's been a good run, but I'll miss it. What tears me up is not knowing what the problem is, whether it be the time scheduling, the place, the people or what. Did I offend someone? Now I hear Mat and Ava played at Jon's place with Alex and Rob. What am I supposed to think, and what can I or should I do next. Most of all, how come people just bail without letting me know they're not coming, or better yet, have the courtesy to call and tell me why they won't be here? I was really upset last night. Next time, I guess I won't send Phil home.

Saturday (Aug. 21), there's going to be another booster draft Magic tournament at Old Town Hobby from 10 to about 4:00. I hope lots of people show up.

No comments: