Thursday, September 02, 2004

9/1/04 Session at G's

Well, I packed up my player's handbook, character sheets for Gilgar, Sriko, Chantal and Glum, called Phil and we went to Jon's to play last night. Mat and Ava were there, as well as Rob and Alex. Jon ran the game, set in my old Aarde campaign world. It was strange that it wasn't more strange to be a player in my own campaign world for the first time, instead of running. Also, playing those familiar high-level characters really is pretty fun. Everybody was in good spirits, and we really did have a good time, with a lot of roleplaying and time in a dwarven lumberjack town in the middle of an oasis, where the characters bought a few magic items. Kalanas (Alex's mage/fighter) lightning bolted some shambling mounds, which pumped them up instead of hurting them. Glum (Steve's Lizardman fighter, played by Phil) drew his Hammer of Thunderbolts on some dwarves in a bar. Gilgar did enough damage to a bugbear to kill it about 20 times over. I had to leave before the end of the session, and even then I got home late. To just play instead of running the game was relaxing. It's a whole different pace. I need to update those characters and get a map to Jon in a couple of weeks. A week from Saturday I'll be running my game again and because it is an alternate version of "future Aarde" than the other future Aarde, it will be interesting input for ideas; Phil is the only player who has a character in both campaigns now. It's interesting, though it's also interesting to me that I almost stayed home and ran Phil through a solo adventure last night. I know I made the right decision, and Phil will become a better player for it.

No comments: