Wednesday, September 15, 2004

Vs. Bugs

Well, the Wednesday game included Rob & Alex, Mat & Ava, me, and Jon ran high-level Aarde (Phil couldn't make it). I'm going to have to cut back a character or have Phil play one, and that's okay. Tonight I left Glum in my book and played Sriko, Chantal and Gilgar. Over the course of the past week I updated them all to allow for the passage of time and experience since the party "retired" with the Fountain of Youth in their tower at Pavalos. Now that they're 20th level and have had some time, Sriko's many item creation feats are coming in pretty handy. I made a quick list of some useful items (lots of +5 weapons and armor, etc.) and passed it around the table. We are in the underdark on a quest to gain a favor from Moradin so he will forge an item for the party, and the quest entails getting holy symbols from a number of his enemies. Tonight, we had a big encounter with some very tough Formians and variants, basically a bunch of gigantic ant-people. I'm glad I levelled everybody up, and I'm also glad Sriko made those items. We didn't really have much to worry about though. Ava's mage got down to the low 40 range of hit points, and thought she was going to die, but we have plenty of high level clerics in the party. Sriko summoned an awesome celestial elephant and did a Holy Word, Chantal did a Fire Storm for 18d6, and rained arrows on bad guys, and Gilgar charged with her twin axes, then quick-drew her longbow and polished off the biggest enemy with 5d8 damage, each at +17 damage (counting one 3x critical). It was a faster moving session than last time, and we used miniatures, which was nice. Oh damn, I left my overhead projection markers. Ah well I'll pick them up next time.

I bought the new Scrye today and it seemed like Yu-Gi-Oh was all over it, but it has a lot of useful stuff about Magic:The Gathering, though I had hoped it would include more information about the new set, but it has some nice teasers and a poster. Saturday should be fun. I think I will do some more tournaments this winter, and maybe space them out January, February and... April, oh I don't know, 6 a year maybe. Anyway, 10 a.m. Saturday the 18th, Old Town Hobby, $10 for three booster packs and a day of draft fun. Hope I can find a sitter...

No comments: